Shu Zen Junior College of Medicine and Management (SZMC) is dedicated to providing students with a high quality of vocational education and strives to achieve the following:
- To provide students with the best learning environment and help them with their studies and the acquisition of vocational certificates.
- To improve teachers’ standards by enhancing their teaching and research quality.
- To create a friendly campus and promote faculty service quality and efficiency.
SZMC has developed rapidly since its foundation by the chairman, Mr. Chao-Chia Lin in 1969. It has had over 20,000 alumni to date and the existing students have gradually increased to more than 6,000, becoming the biggest junior college nationwide. The school will continue to improve itself in the long run, striving to expand to a college/university of technology and science and become a top-notch school.
Located in Kaohsiung City, SZMC stands gracefully on a new 12-hectare Luzhu campus just beside the Zhongshan Highway with a 3-minute ride from the Luzhu interchange. With its adjacent 3.5-hectare Hunei campus, the total area of the two campuses is 15.5 hectares. The second stage of school expansion has expanded 2 hectares of land area for the purpose of the construction of a multi-functional activity center to fulfill the future need of upgrading SZMC to a college/university of science and technology.
SZMC comprises a variety of unique departments. Department of Nursing, established in 1971, has a high passing rate for nursing certificates and university entrance. Following in the footsteps of National Taiwan University, SZMC became the second school in Taiwan to found Department of Physical Therapy in 1981. Department of Optometry, a pioneering department in Taiwan, has been chosen by the Ministry of Education to be one of the most critical departments for development. Other departments set up in 2001 include Department of Information Management, Department of Applied Foreign Languages (It was divided into Department of Applied English and Department of Applied Japanese in 2010.) and Early Childhood Care and Education. Department of Medical Imaging and Radiology was set up in 2004, Department of Dental Technology in 2006 and Department of Occupational Therapy in 2008 respectively. In 2011, Department of Health and Beauty was established. SZMC assures students of a high quality of teaching, qualified teachers and state-of-the-art facilities. As a result, our school has become a popular vocational junior college for students.
- Short-term Study Abroad Programs (STAPs) of Department of Electrical Engineering of Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S.A., sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology (1990/8-1991/7)
- BA., MA., & PhD., Department of Electrical Engineering of National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan (1981/6; 1986/6; 1990/6)
- President, Shu Zen Junior College of Medicine and Management (2014/8/1-till now).
- Vice President, Shu Zen Junior College of Medicine and Management (2013/8-2014/7)
- Dean, Office of Academic Affairs, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (2010/2-2013/7)
- Director of Computer and Network Center, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (2006/11-2010/7)
- Chair, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (2003/8-2006/7)
- Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (1997/8-till now)
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (1992/8-1997/7)
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. (1991/8-1992/7)
- Associate Professor and Chair, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology (1990/8-1991/7)
- Instructor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Far East University (1987/8-1990/7)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University (1983/9-1987/7)
- Upgrading the campus infrastructure, beautifying the campus, and establishing a friendly environment that features holistic education
- Hiring excellent teachers and researchers, recruiting more assistant professors or above, and enhancing teachers’ teaching quality and practical capability
- Perfecting the development of academic and administrative units, extending the range of collaboration between industry and school, striving for social resources, and raising the quality of research and service
- Bettering the development system of department-based curriculum and general education curriculum, strengthening the solidity of curriculum, making general and professional education the core competencies of student achievement
- Creating a pleasant learning atmosphere, focusing on life and character education, cultivating professionals of medicine and management with both technology literacy and humanity literacy
- Boosting the efficiency of graduate certification exam pass rate and employment rate, exploring collaboration possibilities with industry and foreign schools or universities, equipping students with global vision
- Promoting lifelong recurrent education, improving social service, and shouldering social responsibility
- Building alumni liaison network, strengthening group cohesion, co-planning sustainable development for the college
- Abiding by MOE’s core educational policies, meeting social demands, adjusting the size of all departments, and becoming a unique technological and vocational college
- Research Subsidy (Type B) of the 1st Phase, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1987.
- Research Subsidy (Type B) of the 2nd Phase, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1990.
- Research Subsidy (Type A) of the 2nd Phase, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1991.
- Award of Excellent, Golden Pen Award of Electricity Monthly, 1993.
- Award of Excellent Teacher of the Year, National Kaohsiung Institute of Technology, 1994.
- Research Subsidy (Type A), Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1996.
- Research Subsidy (Type A), Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1997.
- Sponsorship of Overseas Short-term Study by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 1999.
- Committee Member of Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan, and Taiwan Assessment and Evaluation Association.
- Committee Member of assigning and evaluating Civil Service Examinations of Ministry of Examination, Taiwan